The facility provides the following services:
- High-resolution single particle cryo-EM imaging
- macromolecular complexes
- High-resolution cryo-electron tomographic imaging
- pleomorphic viruses
- virus/host interactions
- cell sections
Please contact us if you want to start using the above services.
- The service is limited to data collection. Data analysis (image processing and 3D reconstruction) is not included in the service.
- This facility specializes in cryo-EM imaging for 3-D reconstruction of samples that need to be frozen-hydrated to preserve structure integrity. Conventional EM studies that need only 2-D imaging of samples at room temperature are provided by Purdue Electron Microscopy Facility (a different Purdue facility)
Hourly Rates (US$/hour):
Rates are subject to change without notice and/or in accordance with F&A negotiations with the Federal government
|User Type||Talos F200C||Titan Krios|
|Internal Self-User - Off-Peak||25||N/A|
|Internal Self-User - Peak||40||55|
|Internal Staff Assisted||85||94|
|External (Non-profit) Self User||257||265|
|External (Non-profit) Staff Assisted||265||285|
|Industrial Self User||265||290|
|Industrial Staff Assisted||285||340|
Sample Preparation Rates
- Off-peak hours: Mon-Thur 6pm-6am, and Fridays 6pm-Monday6am
- Independent operation of the instruments is limited to qualified users.
- Training is charged at staff rates on the corresponding instrument.